Sick Decor, Healthy People
Lend a hand and help us crush the spread of COVID-19. Here's what we have in place to do our part:
At The Highlander Hotel our business' survival depends on a return to travel, which in turn depends on a long term decline and eventual end of Covid-19 cases. Join our staff in wearing masks so we can all do our part to help mitigate the disastrous health and economic consequences of the pandemic. We are joining the American Hotel & Lodging Association in following their “Safe Stay Guest Checklist” in requiring every guest to wear masks in indoor public spaces. You are welcome to enjoy our fresh air pool with the giant wall of open garage doors and our outdoor courtyard mask free where both have seating groups placed 6 feet apart. Thank you.
- It's time to kick back in a retro revival. Give us a ring at 319-354-2000 or text 202-929-5596 if you need anything while on property!
- While we couldn’t get a yellow submarine for every room, we do have yellow disinfectant spray. Please use this on all surfaces that you come in contact with often and before you head out!
- There is no stay-over cleaning service, but please let us know if you need anything refreshed during your stay!
- The Highlander Hotel has hospital grade laundry to ensure your linens are clean. What happens to them after you check in is up to you.
- We have complimentary fruit and yogurt parfaits or cinnamon roll waffles available in our Snack Shack in the morning. Just let our staff know the night before which one you would like!
- You can purchase made to order flatbread pizzas for $10, PLUS they come with free chips and salsa! Looking for more? Let our staff assist with providing local restaurant recommendations paired with your cravings.
- We’re not shy! The masks that all staff members wear during shifts are to keep you safe.
- You can breathe easy. Air is separate in each guest room so feel free to set it to your desired temperature.
- Just because we’re retro doesn’t mean we can’t be tech-savvy! The Highlander Hotel is set up for contactless check-in, check-out, and communication with staff throughout your stay. You'll hear from us the morning of your check-in to fill you in on these details!
- Looking for more face-to-face interaction? You can find one of our guest experience team members in the Highlander Lounge!
- Sweat it out safely in the fitness center where we’ve spaced out our equipment and provided sanitizer for you to clean equipment before and after each use.
- We stocked our guest rooms with top-of the line furnishings, so we don’t blame you if you want to take them home. Feel free to take items and we’ll happily charge your credit card on file.
Opening a hotel in the middle of a pandemic has been trippy, but we’re confident that you’ll love our groovy take on hospitality. While we can’t always get what we want, we’ve got what you need. Several finishing touches we’d hope to have for the grand opening are delayed, but lucky for us that goes along with our minimalist style. We’re stoked to have you here and we hope you’ll visit again to check out these radical additions The Highlander Hotel will have in the future:
- Cozy cushions for the seats in the pool room
- The perfect lobby furniture
- Some sweet guest room desks (we’re told they’re somewhere in the Pacific Ocean right now)
- Groovy guest room chairs en route from South America
- String lights to give our courtyard a glamorous look
- Our oh-so-Boho ballroom sconces straight from Morocco
- The doors for the soon-to-be-added and much anticipated bar patio
- New speakers throughout so you can hear your favorite tunes wherever you are!